There is something special about a physical magazine, even though digital publications and design magazines are advantageous for several reasons.
In an age where the “digital” has eclipsed the “physical,” the simple joy of holding the most recent issue of your favorite glossy graphic design magazine, replete with visual inspiration and insightful content, is still incomparable.
For students who are pursuing graphic design in London, the graphic design magazines based there can provide great insights and ideas as references for their studies.
Magazines for graphic design are a reliable source of ideas and information from experts in the field. Particularly now, when excellent material is offered by publishers in a variety of formats for your convenience.
On that note, let us get to know about some of the top graphic design magazines in London.
- Eye: Eye has been published since 1990 and has become a well-known publication for graphic design and visual culture. It provides insightful and critical commentary on a variety of subjects, including technology and graphic design publications. In-depth design writing, such as criticisms, opinion pieces, interviews with business leaders, analyses of design history, and more, can be found throughout the magazine’s visually stunning pages.
- Wrap: Wrap honors the best in graphic design, illustration, and creative culture. By exhibiting their work with high quality and increased size, the magazine, which was created in 2010, helps to promote emerging artists and designers. Each magazine includes five pull-out prints and interviews with creatives.
- Wallpaper: A creative and entertainment newspaper that covers the worlds of architecture, fashion, travel, design, and art, Wallpaper was founded in 1996. The journal has established itself as somewhat of a standard for quality and elegance in the design industry thanks to its excellent photography of structures, artworks, and other things.
- Dezeen: Dezeen is a UK-based publication that covers architecture, interior design, and other related topics. Their goal is to provide you with a carefully curated selection of the world’s top interior design, architectural, and news stories. Additionally, they produce the best graphic design works from around the globe, such as posters, patterns, and more.
- The Print: One of the most prestigious design competitions in the business, the Regional Design Annual, is hosted by The Print, an iconic brand in design and visual culture that includes a revered magazine, a website, premium book and e-book lines, and premium book and e-book lines. Print, founded in 1940, aims to promote discussion about design by highlighting the points where art and culture converge.
The internet has without a doubt taken over as our main and daily information source. However, design publications strive to offer an increasing amount of high-quality information to keep their readership motivated, engaged, and informed.
Since they have been around for so long, we can also say that graphic design magazines are a trusted source of inspiration. And they do not appear to be going anywhere anytime soon, despite developments in the publishing sector.
So, grab a copy of one of your favorite magazines and start getting inspired!