Just like any other game, there are strategies you can follow to be great at online slots. One good way is to learn from experts and learn how slots operate – by being prepared, you’re more likely to beat the odds in this game of luck.
As the pandemic hit, more gamblers turned to online slot games rather than hitting the casinos. It was found that online gamblers have three accounts on average, with younger ones owning more. Among the many games available, online slots remain to be the most popular. So, it’s no wonder why many want to boost their skills in hopes of taking home great winnings. If you’re also interested in improving your slot gameplay, here are five tips you can use:
1. Look for a Reputable Online Casino
Professionals follow standards to select the right websites and avoid getting scammed. Here are some criteria you need to know:
● SSL or Secure Sockets Layer – This is a commonly used security encryption that allows online casinos to safely transmit data ranging from personal information to bank card numbers.
● Licensed by Authorities – UK players must demand a license from the country’s Gambling Commission and other global authorities such as Malta Gaming Authority and Advertising Standards Authority. The license guarantees that the website meets the standards in security, fair play, and anti-laundering, as well as caters to responsible gambling for maximum and minimum bet limits.
● Good Online Reputation – Check if the site’s reviews are good and if the previous users have a generally satisfactory experience.
● Wide Game Selection – A vast collection of games will let you pick based on your preferences in design and mechanics.
2. Don’t Miss Out On Online Casino Bonuses
Promos and bonuses exist to encourage more game time, but they’re critical in your journey to being a pro. These rewards let you play more without risking your own money and, at the very least, help you understand the game better. Don’t let them go to waste!
3. Take Advantage of Game Offers
Research before going into battle. Learn all that you can to know what to expect and how to handle the game.
Volatility percentage is an important indication of how risky the game can be. If you want to play it safe, choose games that have low volatility. It’s good to look for a list of low variance slot machines for less volatile games.
Slot machine RTP percentage is the amount a slot machine returns to players in the long run. For instance, if a machine has a 97% RTP, this means it returns $97 out of every $100 bet – but keep in mind that this is over a long period of time. You might win far more than $97 or much less. But, generally, it’s better to choose games with higher RTPs.
Additionally, determine if it’s a local jackpot game or progressive. Local jackpots come from the share of each player in the game through their wager. On the other hand, progressive jackpots continue to grow as players spin and can instantly turn into millions. The decision on which game to play is yours. If you want to be a millionaire, go for the progressive jackpot.
4. Keep Practicing and Develop a Strategy
As cliche as it sounds, practice makes perfect. Practising will help you be familiar with online slots and understand how to trigger bonuses. You can build some patterns of winning and losing, but you need to remember that slot machines depend on RNG (random number generator), so your chances to develop a working strategy are pretty low.
5. Plan Your Budget
Experienced casino players set limits on their spending, known as the stop-loss and stop-win. Stop-loss is when they set a maximum loss to avoid overspending. For example, if they have a budget of $100 and a stop-loss of 10%, they would lose $10, stop playing, and try again next time.
On the other hand, stop-win is the limit they set for rewards. From the $100 budget example above, if the player sets a stop-win of 15%, then they’ll stop playing once they earn $15. This is to avoid getting a “winner’s high,” which could lead to gambling and losing the winnings.
Online slots don’t just rely on luck – if you want to be a pro at it, you need to make efforts to beat the odds. Do proper research, be smart while playing, and develop good gambling habits to avoid risky decisions.