Cryptocurrency is the best way to invest your money in the digital era. There are many digital currencies in the market, such as BTC, Litecoin, Matic, ETH, Dogecoin, etc. Many merchants are now accepting crypto as payment because of its flexibility, which makes it famous. In addition, crypto is taxable, so you need to pay tax based on the investment method. Keep reading the post if you don’t know how to pay crypto tax.
Do you need to pay tax on digital coins?
Of course, you should pay tax on cryptocurrency while trading, selling or holding coins. Crypto is taxed as income when people receive digital currencies as gifts. Not all crypto transactions lead to tax liability. Some non-taxable actions include purchasing digital coins with fiat currency and holding them, transferring coins to your wallet or donating them to charity. The followings are some situations when you should pay tax on Cryptocurrencies:
- If a trader sells the digital coin for fiat currency and makes a profit, they need to pay capital gains tax.
- When converting one cryptocurrency for another, selling one coin to buy another is the same. So, you need to pay tax on crypto sales if you receive profit.
- Earnings from mining crypto are taxed as revenue, and some miners should be taxed as business income.
- If you use digital currencies to buy services and goods, you must pay tax.
- Cryptocurrencies are acquired through an airdrop, resulting in a new coin that is taxed as revenue.
- When people decide to pay in digital coins, they should pay tax on the crypto income according to the tax category.
If you need to calculate crypto tax and track your portfolio, you can use binocs. It integrates DeFi and NFTs protocols that offer the most excellent experience for investors. In addition, the platform provides an accurate tax report for consumers.
Guidelines to prepare for the crypto tax section
If you are new to the digital currency world and need to prepare for crypto tax season, you can follow the below-given guidelines.
- Beginning with a clean slate means you must calculate the digital currency gains of all virtual Cryptocurrencies you have owned.
- The trader with the digital currency profit should file returns by filing the tax.
- Maintaining a record of digital coins’ value during the sale is essential. The trader will pay the tax in the traditional fiat currency. Remember that the worth of digital coins fluctuates continuously.
- Those making the peer-to-peer trade without the crypto exchange should have a tax deduction amount for TDS. The tax deducted at source returns should file quarterly.
- The business needs to file the return through filing the income tax return 5.
While paying the crypto tax, you should bear essential things in mind. It includes tax rates, TDS detection, the progressive tax applicable for digital coin transactions and select income sources. It will help you to pay the cryptocurrency tax with ease.