Do you wish to study Biological Sciences in a Nigerian University? Then, you need to check the WAEC and JAMB Subject combination for Biological Science 2019 in Nigeria. For those that want to apply through Direct entry, you will also find the Direct entry requirements for Biological Sciences on this page.
In this article, I will show the the Olevel requirement and JAMB subject combination for Biological Sciences from the official JAMB brochure.
Do you know that a lot of aspirants lose admission offer because of Wrong JAMB subject combination?
This is because a lot of them don’t know the right subject combination and O’level requirements required to study their chosen course.
As a result, I have decided to write this article so that you won’t fall victim of this.
All candidates that register for JAMB are required to sit for 4 subjects in their UTME, with the Use Of English being the first and compulsory for all(irrespective of department or course) .
A lot of candidates want to study Biological Sciences in different institutions. The question that comes to their mind is, “What is the JAMB subject combination for Biological Sciences?“. That is the exact question I will answer in this article
TABLE OF CONTENT
- JAMB Subject Combination For Biological Sciences
- WAEC Subject Combination For Biological Sciences + O’level Requirement For Biological Sciences
- Direct entry requirements to study Biological Sciences in Nigeria
JAMB Subject Combination for Biological Sciences include the four subjects(English+3 other subjects) you are required to take in JAMB in order to qualify for admission.
Olevel requirements for Biological Sciences include the minimum grades you should have in WAEC/NECO/GCE in order to qualify for admission.
Also, Direct entry requirements for Pharmacy is for DE candidates who wish to gain admission directly into 200:.
I will discuss everything in this article.
JAMB Subject Combination For Biological Sciences
Now that you have decided to study Biological Sciences, I will show you the JAMB subject combination for Biological Sciences. These are the subjects you are required to choose during JAMB registration.
- Use of English (Compulsory).
- Physics (or Mathematics)
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION(WAIVER) REMARKS
1. MAUTECH require, Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science and either Mathematics or Physics.
2. ADELEKE accepts Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics.
3. OSUSTECH accepts Agricultural Science in lieu of Physics and Mathematics.
4. FUTO requires Chemistry, Biology and Physics
WAEC/O’Level Requirements For Biological Sciences
If you want to study Biological Sciences, the minimum O’level requirement for Biological Sciences and Subject needed can be found below.
- English Language (Minimum:credit)
- Mathematics (Minimum:credit)
- Biology (Minimum:credit)
- Chemistry (Minimum:credit)
- Credit in any other science subject
You require; Five ‘O’ level credit passes to include English Language, Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and any other science subject.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION (WAIVER) REMARKS
1. UNN – as in combined courses.
2. BSU requires ‘O’ level credit passes in English Language, Physics or Geography.
3. KASU, FUTO, OSUSTECH and CRUTECH require ‘O’ level credit pass in Physics as the fifth (5th) subject..
4. ABU and FUNAAB require five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes to include English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology and Physics
5. GOUU requires five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes at not more than two (2) sittings in subjects which must include English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology.
6. NDA requires one (1) other Science subject from Physics, Further Mathematics or Agricultural Science
Direct Entry Requirements For Biological Sciences
Below is the direct entry requirements for Biological Sciences:
1. Two (2) ‘A’ level passes to include one (1) of Botany, Zoology, Biology or Chemistry.
2. ND/NCE in related programme/subject.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (WAIVER) REMARKS:
(i) FUNAAB accepts
- a) ND upper credit in Biological Science, Science Laboratory Technology or related programmes.
- b) NCE credit in Biology.
- c) Two (2) ‘A’ level passes in Chemistry, Biology/Botany/ Zoology, Physics and Mathematics.
(ii) UNN – HND and ND upper credit NCE merit/Degree in relevant programmes plus the UTME requirements
(iii) ADELEKE –HND and ND upper credit.
(iii) ADELEKE and BSU require ‘A’ level pass in Biology/Botany/Zoology plus Chemistry/Physics.
(iv) OOU accepts HND, Final Certificate from the Nigerian Institute of Science Technology (NIST)
(v) NDU accepts ND/HND and AIMLT including general ‘A’ level requirements.
(vii) MAUTECH accepts
- (a) two (2) ‘A’ level passes in Biology and Chemistry
- (b) HND lower credit in relevant programme.
(viii) UMYUK accepts candidates with a minimum of nine (9) points in IJMB/ ‘A’ level/NCE, in Biology, Chemistry. ND lower credit in relevant programme may also be admitted.
(ix) FUTO requires two (2) ‘A’ level passes not below Grade C from Chemistry, Biology, Botany and Zoology. It accepts ND/HND upper credit in related programmes. Candidates must in addition meet the UTME requirements. It does not accept First Degree and NCE.
(x) AUGUSTINE accepts two (2) ‘A’ level passes in Biology, Botany, Zoology and Chemistry or Physics. NCE and ND credit in addition to five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes or its equivalent
That is all for now on the topic, “Direct Entry & O’Level Requirements And JAMB Subject Combination For Biological Sciences”. Don’t forget to drop a comment below.
Related Searches To Biological Sciences Admission Requirements
Subject combination for Biological Sciences in waec, post utme subjects for Biological Sciences, o level subjects required for Biological Sciences, subject for Biological Sciences in secondary school, jamb requirement for Biological Sciences in unilag, ui, unn, uniben,oau, compulsory subjects for Biological Sciences, subject combination for Biological Sciences in unilag, unn, ui, oau, uniben, subjects offered in Biological Sciences, subjects needed to study Biological Sciences in nigeria, subjects involved in Biological Sciences, direct entry requirements to study Biological Sciences in Nigeria, JAMB subject combination for Biological Sciences 2019, subjects needed to study Biological Sciences in nigeria.
YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN: ➣ JAMB Result 2019/2020 Now Available On JAMB Portal - See How To Check Easily Without SMS ➣ JAMB Result 2019/2020 Finally Out! See How To Check Via SMS To 55019 ➣ JAMB Change Of Course/Institution 2019/2020 Still Out On JAMB Portal ➣ After JAMB UTME 2019, What Next? Here Are The Things You Should Know ➣ JAMB Cut Off Mark 2019/2020 For All Universities, Polytechnics And Colleges Of Education ➣ JAMB Result Upgrade 2019 Complete Guide And What You Should Know ➣ WAEC GCE Registration 2019 Form, Price, Closing Date, Exam Date & Timetable Out ➣ WAEC Timetable 2019/2020 Out - Check Online And Download PDf ➣ NECO Timetable 2019/2020 Out - Check And Download NECO SSCE Timetable PDF ➣ Npower Registration 2019/2020 And Latest Npower News Update
Click Here To Like Our Facebook Page For More Updates.