How to fill JAMB form 2020/2021: Do you want to register for JAMB 2020/2021 and you are wondering how to fill JAMB UTME form 2020 or wondering “how does jamb form look like”? Then, continue reading this guide.
This article covers everything on how to fill jamb form 2020, how to register for jamb 2020, jamb 2020 registration guide, how to register for UTME 2020, registration guide for JAMB 2020/2021.
This article will guide you on how to successfully fill JAMB form 2020 and complete your registration without making any mistake!
WARNING: You do not fill your JAMB registration form in form of paper/hardcopy. JAMB form is filled online on JAMB portal at an accredited centre only!
Even if you fill your details on paper before registration, make sure you are present at the accredited centre in person and check that your details are properly filled.
One of the stupid mistakes some UTME candidates make is filling the WRONG details. Some of these mistakes will cost you A LOT to correct. Those who fail to correct them may end up losing their admission offer later during the year.
If you follow my simple guidelines below, you will be able to fill your JAMB form easily without any mistake!
Before I show you, there are some things you need to know/do before you go to a JAMB accredited centre to fill your registration form.
Table Of Contents
Things To Know Before Filling Your JAMB Form
WRITE DOWN YOUR CHOICES OF INSTITUTION/COURSE
You want to make sure that you already know the schools and courses you want to fill on JAMB portal before you go to the accredited centre.
I have seen some people that go to JAMB accredited centre to register for JAMB without having an idea of what and where they want to apply for.
On getting there, they start seeking people’s opinion. The truth is you know yourself, nobody knows you. Don’t allow anyone to mislead you!
Get a paper/book, write out your first choice institution/course up till the fourth choice. This will help you make the registration process FASTER!
Before you start choosing your schools/courses, you have to take note of the following:
- You can only choose one Federal university: Once you choose a Federal university as your first choice, you cannot fill any other Federal university.
- You can choose a State university as your First/second choice: If you choose a Federal university as your first choice, you can put a state university as your second choice. However, you cannot put a Federal university as second choice as most of them do not accept.
- Some state universities do not accept second choice: Few State universities like Lagos State University (LASU), Delta State University (DELSU) and some others do not accept second choice for admission anymore. So before filling a state university as your second choice, make sure to check they actually accept it. How to know if your state university accept second choice? Check their Post UTME admission form for 2018/2020 and see the requirements the school stated for candidates to apply. If the school accepts second choice or not, you will find it when you check for their 2018/2020 Post UTME form
- Your third choice should be a Polytechnic/College of Education: If you have any Polytechnic/College of education whether Federal, state or private, then you should consider putting then in your third choice. However, you may decide to put it in your second choice too but most of them accepts third choice. See the list of school that accepts third choice for admission in 2020 here.
- Your fourth choice MUST be an innovative enterprise: You cannot do anything but to choose one innovative enterprise as your fourth choice of institution while filling your JAMB form.
YOU CAN APPLY FOR JAMB WITH AN AWAITING RESULT
Have you sat for WAEC/NECO/NABETEB previously but you have not cleared your result OR have you not sat for an O’level exam before? If you are planning to write WAEC/NECO in 2020, you can still register for JAMB.
A lot of people still think it is a MUST to have your O’level result before you register for JAMB. This is very far from the truth.
You can start and complete your JAMB registration without having an O’level result yet.
YOU DO NOT NEED A PASSPORT
One thing I have seen UTME candidates going for registration do is to take their passports along with them. This is totally unnecessary as it will not be used.
As a matter of fact, JAMB has stated that no accredited centre should scan passports from candidates. Rather, they will take your picture clearly with the webcam at the JAMB accredited centre. So, don’t waste money on passports for now.
YOU MUST HAVE A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS
Some candidates take email used during JAMB registration with levity. This should not be so as your email address is really important during and after registration.
In fact, you can use your email address to get your JAMB 2020 exam slip. You may also need it to reset to your password if you ever forget the password to your JAMB profile.
So, when you want to register for JAMB 2020, make sure you use a valid email address that you can still log into.
YOU NO LONGER NEED YOUR NIN
You are probably wondering – What is the meaning of NIN?
NIN stands for National Identification Number.
Initially, JAMB had make NIN compulsory for all candidates who wish to register for JAMB 2020.
The latest news now is that JAMB now suspended NIN use until 2020.
Now that you know those, here is how to fill your JAMB form 2020/2021 successfully:
How To Fill JAMB Form 2020/2021 On JAMB Portal
How does jamb form look like?
The candidate presents the ePIN at any JAMB accredited CBT Centre for completion of registration. The name of the candidate as typed by the candidate on his/her phone when registering the proﬁle comes up automatically on the input of the e-PIN by the CBT centre.
After Getting JAMB E-pin 2020, What Next?
If you have gotten your JAMB E-pin for 2020 registration, the next thing is to go to any accredited centre to complete your registration there.
Recommended For You:
- How To Get Your JAMB ePIN And Pre-registration Steps
- List Of Accredited CBT Centres For JAMB 2020 Registration
Candidates are to:
- Pay NOT more than N700 as Service Charge to the CBT Centre
- Provide Biodata including Date of Birth, Nationality, State of Origin, Local Government, Gender, e-mail address, among others
- Provide choice of institutions and programmes (disciplines)
- Provide qualiﬁcation with grades and dates, if not awaiting result
- Upload relevant certiﬁcates, if not awaiting result
- O/L and or A/L grades are to be provided by candidates. Candidates who are awaiting results should supply the results online as soon as they are available on JAMB’s portal. No recommendations from any Institution will be considered by JAMB if the candidate has not supplied his/her result on JAMB portal
- Supply JAMB registration number for previous institutional certiﬁcates for DE only
- Provide UTME subjects and choice of examination town(s) for
- Mock examination (optional)
- Examination for UTME (actual examination)
- Do picture capture (no scanning of passport photograph)
- Do Biometric enrolment (ten ﬁngers)
- Review entries and conﬁrm correctness
- Print Registration Slip USING BIOMETRIC AUTHENTICATION
- Collect, at no other cost, the reading text and CD
- Each Candidate is to collect his/her e-slip at the end of registration as evidence of registration
- There will be no ofﬂine registration, as all the accredited CBT centres have been empowered for real time online registration. No candidate should register at any centre other than the accredited CBT centre and JAMB State-Ofﬁces. Any candidate who is registered outside approved centres will be identiﬁed and disqualiﬁed.
OTHER REGISTRATION INFORMATION
- All candidates must mandatorily register their proﬁles through text messages as illustrated above before proceeding to buy the ePIN
- The registration fee is non-refundable
- As it is the practice, centres are allowed to charge not more than Seven Hundred Naira (₦700) only as registration Any centre that charges more than Seven Hundred Naira (₦700) should be reported to JAMB for appropriate sanctions
- All CBT centres have been mandated to select any of the participating banks, MMOs, MFBs, etc. These ﬁnancial institutions are to be present at the CBT centres for the purpose of collecting all No CBT centre staff is allowed to conduct direct cash transaction with the candidates
- Candidates are advised to read and understand the guidelines on admission and instructions on how to complete the online registration before commencing the process of registration
- Multiple registrations are not Candidates who register more than once will be identiﬁed and disqualiﬁed
- Candidates should note that they are required to be present and take live photograph which will be embossed on their result slips and admission letters. No scanned/stapled passport photograph is allowed
How To Fill JAMB Form JAMB 2020 In Foreign Countries
- Registration fee for candidates from the eight foreign countries is $20 or its equivalent in each of the eight countries
- Candidates from the eight foreign countries are to download the Application from the Board’s website (www.jamb.gov.ng) complete and submit it with the fee at the eight designated centres as indicated on the website.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Register For JAMB 2020 With Awaiting Result?
Yes, you can register for JAMB 2020 UTME with awaiting result. In this article, I have discussed extensively how you can go about that.
Can I Register For JAMB Without Getting NIN?
No, According to the JAMB Registrar, Prof Ishaq Oloyede, all candidates must obtain their National Identification Number (NIN) before they can be allowed to register for JAMB in 2020.
How Can I Get My NIN For JAMB Registration 2020?
You can register and get your NIN at NIMC enrolment centres and JAMB accredited CBT centres nationwide.
Can I Use The Same NIN With My Brother/Sister/Friend?
Totally not. The National Identification Number (NIN) is unique to each candidate and cannot be used by more than one person.
How Can I Register For JAMB Mock 2020?
You can easily register for JAMB mock exam by indicating during the registration process at JAMB accredited centres. You will however need to register as soon as the form is out.
When Will JAMB Registration 2020 Start And End?
JAMB registration for 2020/2021 will start on January 13, 2020 and end on February 17, 2020.
- JAMB Secrets: 10 Things You Must Know Before Your UTME
- Proven Tips To Pass JAMB 2020 In One Sitting
- How To Read For JAMB And Remember Everything In The Exam Hall
- How To Pass JAMB With Past Questions
Latest JAMB Updates 2020
- JAMB Exam Date 2020 Announced: See When UTME Will Start
- Latest JAMB News 2020
- JAMB Cut Off Marks 2020/2021 For All Universities, Polytechnic And Colleges Of Education
- JAMB Form 2020 Price [The Complete Breakdown]
Do you still have any more question related to JAMB 2020? Feel free to use the comment section below.
Also, don’t forget to share the article using the share buttons below.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING:➣ JAMB Profile Creation 2020: New Method To Get JAMB Profile Code ➣ JAMB Cut Off Mark 2020/2021 For All Universities, Polytechnics And Colleges Of Education ➣ JAMB 2020/2021 Examination Starting Date Announced ➣ How Much Is JAMB Form 2020/2021? See Complete Price Breakdown Here ➣ JAMB Syllabus 2020/2021 For All Subjects ➣ JAMB Registration 2020/2021 News Update, Date And Price ➣ How To Fill JAMB Form 2020 And Register Successfully ➣ NECO Registration 2020 News, Timetable, Price And Deadline ➣ NECO Syllabus 2020/2021 PDF Download For All Subjects ➣ NECO Exam Timetable 2020/2021 - Check Here ➣ Npower Registration 2020/2021 And Latest Npower News Update
Click Here To Like Our Facebook Page For More Updates.