red squirrel, rodent, animal @ Pixabay

You may have heard that chocolate is toxic to dogs, but did you know that it can also be dangerous for your pet squirrel? Chocolate contains a compound called theobromine which is poisonous to animals. This means if a squirrel eats just one small piece of chocolate, they will likely become ill and require medical attention.

squirrel, nature, cute @ Pixabay

 

To ensure that this doesn’t happen to your favorite furry friend, here are some tips on how you can keep them safe from chocolate:

1) Keep all food safely stored in airtight containers so it cannot be accessed by any critters nearby.

2) Make sure there are no open bags or boxes of chocolates anywhere where they might find them .

3) Place bird feeders at least 20 feet away from the house to keep them safe Some people may not know that squirrels can be poisoned by chocolate.

If you have a pet squirrel, it is important to make sure they are never able to access any food containing chocolate. This will help ensure their safety and your peace of mind! Keep in mind: Keep all food safely stored in airtight containers so no pets (or pests) can get at it. Make sure there are no open bags or boxes of chocolates anywhere where they might find them. Place bird feeders at least 20 feet away from the house; this makes it more difficult for anything small enough to fit through a wire mesh screen on the outside wall.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here