JAMB recommended textbooks for Use Of English 2019 – This is exactly what I am going to discuss in this article. If you want to pass JAMB 2019/2020 and score above 80 in JAMB Use Of English, then you need to know the best Use Of English textbooks to read for JAMB and pass.
Are you sitting for Use Of English in your next UTME? Do you wish to score above 90 in Use Of English? Then, you need to read this article to the end.
The Use Of English is one of the most failed subject in the UTME. This is due to the use of bad textbooks and also due to the dynamic nature of English.
It is compulsory you sit for Use of English independent of your JAMB subject combination. It is for this reason that it has become necessary to pass Use of English in your coming UTME.
In one of previous JAMB guides titled, “How to study for JAMB and pass excellently“, I mentioned that recommended textbooks are the best Use Of English textbooks to study and pass JAMB Use Of English excellently.
- JAMB recommended textbooks for Use Of English 2019/2020
- Best Use Of English textbooks to read for JAMB 2019/2020
- Best textbooks for JAMB Use Of English 2019/2020
- List of best textbooks to buy and pass JAMB Use Of English
- How to score above 90 in JAMB Use Of English
If you are still searching for the terms above, then this article is where you are going to find an answer.
Without wasting any time, I will quickly show you the list of best Use Of English textbooks to read and pass JAMB 2019/2020.
BEST USE OF ENGLISH TEXTBOOKS TO READ FOR JAMB
Like I mentioned earlier, JAMB recommended textbooks for Use of English are the best textbooks to prepare for JAMB(see reasons in the next heading below).
Below are the list of JAMB recommended textbooks for Use Of English 2019/2020:
- Attah, M. O. (2013) Practice in Spoken English for Intermediate and Advanced Learners, Maiduguri: University of Maiduguri Press
- Bamgbose, A. (2002) English Lexis and Structure for Senior Secondary Schools and colleges (Revised Edition), Ibadan: Heinemann
- Banjo, A. et al (2004) New Oxford Secondary English Course Book Six for Senior Secondary Schools, Ibadan: UP Plc.
- Caesar, O. J. (2003) Essential Oral English for Schools and Colleges, Lagos: Tonad Publishers Limited
- Daniel Jones (2011) Cambridge English Pronouncing Dictionary, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press
- Egbe, D. I (1996) Mastering English Usage and Communication Skills, Lagos: Tisons
- Elugbe, B. (2000) Oral English for Schools and Colleges, Ibadan: Heinemann
- Grant, N. J. H, Nnamonu, S. Jowitt, D. (1998) Senior English Project 3, (New Edition) Harlow: Longman
- Idowu, O. O, Sogbeson, T. S, Adofo, A. K. Burgess, D. F and Burgess, L. J. (1998) Round-up English: A Complete Guide, Lagos: Longman
- Idris, U. (2001) Oral English at Your Fingertips for Schools and Colleges, Lagos, M. Youngbrain Publishers
- Igiligi, E. C. and Ogenyi, S. O. (2010)Grammar and Composition in the G.S.M. Age, Enugu: Joe Hills Production Services
- Jauro, L. B. (2013) Oral English for Schools and Colleges: A teaching and Learning Approach, Yola: Paraclete Publishers.
- Nnamonu, S. and Jowitt, D. (1989) Common Errors in English, Lagos: Longman
- Ogunsanwo, O. Duruaku, A. B.C, Ezechukwu, J and Nwachukwu, U. I (2005) Countdown English Language, (Revised Edition), Ibadan: Evans
- Olatoye, S. (2006) The Silent Teacher, Ado-Ekiti: Segun and Sons Enterprises
- Oluikpe, B. O. A, nnaemeka, B. A, Obah, T. Y, Otagburuagu, E. J. Onuigbo, S. and Ogbonna, E. A. (1998) Intensive English for Senior Secondary School 3, Onitsha: Africana – FIRST Publisher.
- Tomori, S. H. O (2000) Objective Tests for School Certificate english: Practice in Lexis, Structure and idiom (Reprinted Edition), Ibadan: Heinemann
- Ukwuegbu, C, Okoro, O., Idris, A. U., Okebukola, F. O. and Owokade, C. O. (2002) Catch-up English for SSCE/UME, Ibadan: Heinemann
In addition to these, I personally recommend the Invisible teacher of JAMB’s Use Of English by Dele Ashade. This is the best textbook for JAMB Use Of English I have seen so far.
It covers everything you need to know including grammar, synonyms and antonyms, lexis and structures and orals. It also contains solutions to past questions and answers.
Why should you use JAMB recommended textbooks to prepare for Use Of English in 2019?
Below are good reasons why you should use JAMB English recommended textbooks to prepare for JAMB.
GOOD REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD USE JAMB RECOMMENDED TEXTBOOKS FOR USE OF ENGLISH 2019
- They are recommended by the Joint Admissions And Matriculation Board(JAMB)
- They are very comprehensive and hence trusted by smart students
- JAMB examiners set UTME questions from recommended textbooks
- They cover the whole JAMB syllabus
Can I Pass JAMB Without Using Recommended Textbooks For Use Of English
Now, if you are still wondering, “Is it compulsory to use JAMB recommended textbooks for Use Of English before I can pass?“.
The answer is NO. You can also use other good Use of English textbooks to pass. However, the question is “How sure are you that the textbook you want to use is good enough to pass JAMB?”
If you are not sure, then I will advise you to use the textbooks mentioned above.
Finally, “where can I get JAMB recommended textbooks?”
Where To Get JAMB Recommended Textbooks For Use Of English 2019
Below are some of the places to get JAMB recommended textbooks:
- The best option is to buy at any bookshop near you. This will give you total control over where, how and when you read it.
- Another option is to borrow from a friend.
- You can also borrow or use it at any public library close to you.
That is all for now on the topic, “Best Use Of English textbooks for JAMB 2019/2020“.
QUESTION FOR YOU: Which is your favourite among these Use Of English textbooks? Use the comment section below.
I hope you really enjoyed this article? If yes, then don’t forget to share the article by using the share buttons below.
YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN: ➣JAMB Registration Form 2019, Closing Date And Exam Date ➣ How To Fill JAMB Form 2019 And Register Without Mistakes ➣ JAMB Recommended Textbooks 2019 For All Subjects ➣ NECO Registration 2019 Form, Price, Closing Date, Exam Date & Timetable Out ➣ WAEC Timetable 2019/2020 - Check Online And Download PDf ➣ JAMB Change Of Course/Institution 2018/2019 Still Out On JAMB Portal
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [email protected] to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.
Click Here To Like Our Facebook Page For More Updates.