ABU Postgraduate admission form 2018/2019: Do you wish to study in the Ahmadu Bello University postgraduate school? Then, this article will guide you on how to apply successfully and everything you need to know.
The Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria invites applications from suitably QUALIFIED CANDIDATES FOR ADMISSION INTO the Postgraduate programmes of the School for the 2018/2019 Academic Session.
This article will cover ABU postgraduate admission form and how to apply for Ahmadu Bello University postgraduate school.
Before you proceed to apply for ABU postgraduate school, check out ABU Postgraduate courses
ABU Postgraduate Admission Entry Requirements.
- An applicant for Postgraduate studies must have met the normal undergraduate requirements of at least five relevant O’ level credits or a combination of relevant O’ level credits and A ‘level qualifications (in a maximum of 2 sittings) such as IJMB, HND, HSC, NCE, etc. In all cases these must include a credit in O’ level English Language and Mathematics (where required).
- A holder of HND (minimum of an Upper Credit) or equivalent is ordinarily not qualified for Masters Admission except where he/she has acquired an additional qualification such as a PGD in the same or related field whereby he/she may be admitted.
- Applicants with 3rd class Degrees can, in some cases, be admitted, provided they possess additional relevant qualifications such as a PGD and/or post-graduation work experience (at least 5 years) acceptable to the University.
- Holders of Pass Degree or HND (lower than an Upper Credit) are not eligible for postgraduate studies in ABU.
- PhD applicants must hold a Master degree with a research thesis component (not project). Candidates with a CGPA score of less than 3.5 are not eligible for PhD admission.
- Where a PhD applicant is judged to be deficient, has a professional Master’s degree or Masters without a Thesis component, he/she maybe considered for an M.Phil.
- Applicants who earn a minimum CGPA of a 3.5 at the end of the M.Phil. programme shall be upgraded to proceed with the relevant PhD study.
- Applicants for PhD programmes are expected to liaise with the relevant departments/programmes prior to selection of their proposed research areas to ascertain the department’s capability to host their proposed study.
- Where a Master or PhD student is unable to complete his/her study within the stipulated time, such a student shall be awarded the relevant PGD or M.Phil. respectively (where applicable).
How To Apply For ABU Postgraduate Programmes 2019
1. Interested and qualified candidates are required to go to https://spgs.abu.edu.ng/forms/ to create an account to obtain a unique Transaction ID which you will use to pay for your application form.
2. All PG application forms cost N=10,000.00 (Ten Thousand Naira) only. However, the banks will also charge a token administrative fee in addition to the cost of application forms.
3. Some Programmes REQUIRE candidates to write Entrance Examinations. The dates, venues and times of the examinations shall be communicated in due course.
ABU Postgraduate Application Deadline/Closing Date
ABU postgraduate admission application closes 16th February, 2019.
RELATED: school of postgraduate studies a.b.u zaria, abu postgraduate courses, courses offered in abu postgraduate school, courses i can apply for in abu zaria pg school, abu zaria postgraduate academic calendar, abu postgraduate admission 2019, abu zaria faculty of education courses, abu zaria courses, abu part time courses, abu zaria postgraduate school fees.
About ABU Postgraduate School
The postgraduate School was established in 1980 to enable the University achieve a higher degree of emphasis and coordination in its postgraduate training and research. The school was also charges with the responsibility of assisting departments improve training programmes to provide qualified manpower for the University, other Universities, private sector, institutions of higher learning, public corporations and parastatals, federal and state governments. Recently, The Ahmadu Bello University along with the University of Ibadan and the University of Nigeria Nsukka have been charged with the responsibility of producing the needed manpower for other tertiary Institutions hence they should place more emphasis on postgraduate studies.
YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN: ➣ JAMB Change Of Course/Institution 2019/2020 Still Out On JAMB Portal ➣ JAMB Cut Off Mark 2019/2020 For All Universities, Polytechnics And Colleges Of Education ➣ WAEC GCE Registration 2019 Form, Price, Closing Date, Exam Date & Timetable Out ➣ Npower Registration 2019/2020 And Latest Npower News Update ➣ JAMB Registration 2020/2021 News Update, Date And Price ➣ NECO Registration 2020 News, Timetable, Price And Deadline ➣ NECO Syllabus 2020/2021 PDF Download For All Subjects
Click Here To Like Our Facebook Page For More Updates.